Spanish Legacy Language Immersion School is a multifaceted academy that is growing rapidly. We have an immediate opening for a Spanish Teacher that can grow with us! We love our students and strive to bring dynamic educators that help us create exceptional learning outcomes.
We are seeking an energetic Spanish teacher who has strong organization skills, that understands the behavior, emotional, and cognitive needs of elementary-age students. Spanish Teachers are responsible for helping students learn how to communicate and understand the Spanish Language.
- Encourage students to practice vocabularies that are taught through the use of role-playing, dialogue, games, literature, and formal exercises
- Develop mastery in Spanish literacy in four essential skills: listening, speaking, reading, writing
- Custom designed Spanish classes based on needs, ages, and ability levels of assigned classes strongly encouraged
- Assist students with accurately listening and speaking Spanish in the classroom
- Adhere to the rules and regulations of Spanish Legacy Immersion School as well as State Licensing Guidelines
- Literate and fluent in Spanish; Native speakers preferred
- At least 18 years of age
- Effective communication and classroom management skills
- Extensive knowledge of various teaching materials and instructional practices
- Experience working with all ages of children and adults
- Be able to create engaging lesson plans for individual students and small groups
- Willingness to work in a collaborative working environment.
- Open to flexible schedules
- Must be able to sit down on floor to play and interact with children
- Must be able to attend work as required
You will be working in a busy and occasionally noisy environment. We have multiple classrooms in close proximity. There can be a number of activities and situations happening at once, and you will have to supervise and provide a safe, encouraging environment for all children at all times. Our teachers foster their classroom structure and experience and have the ability to manage their schedules with flexibility. All of our teachers have the potential to grow and advance with us as we expand as a company.
This opening is for part time employment. One year of teaching experience is preferred. This position will report directly to the Academy Director. A valid Florida license is required.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume, cover letter, and a brief description of your education philosophy to email@example.com.